06Oct2013
Sneak Peek of TBS’s “Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host” Thumbnail

Sneak Peek of TBS’s “Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host”

Coming Tuesday, October 22nd at 10:30PM ET is the new TBS quiz show Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host.  Hosted by D.L. Hughley and Michael Ian Black, one contestant will try to guess which of the two hosts’s statements are lies and which are the truth for the chance to win tens of thousands of dollars.  It looks pretty funny and both hosts are great comedians so I hope you check it out.  TBS has posted a preview of the show.  Check it out.  What do you think?

15 responses to "Sneak Peek of TBS’s “Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host”"

• Saturn says:

Looks like it’s trying to hard.

• Joe Kavanagh says:

My only problem is that this is the first game show either of them have hosted — for something called “Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host” I would expect people who’ve been, you know, game show hosts.

• Doug Morris says:

I’m setting the DVR. So what if they haven’t had a lot of hosting experience between them. The trailer looked like a lot of fun.

• Chris says:

Looks harmless enough, I’ll give it a try.

• Nick Todor says:

Looks like they just added a real floor to the Who’s Still Standing set

The funniest game show ever, huh? That’s a big statement.

• Nikolai says:

Well, D.L. Hughley was apparently under consideration to replace Craig Kilborn on The Late Late Show at one point, but he lost out to Craig Ferguson. We’ll see how he does as a game show host.

• Al says:

It looks good, plus it’s an actual game show. TBS finally was able to get in on a show with in-studio contestants (I don’t count Deal With It)

• Chris Parsley says:

Neither do us Al….

As for non-real gameshows, Im going to the TPiR live show tomorrow night…

Now, the real shame is TBS couldnt do a good version of Match Game, and really start competing with Comedy Central.

• This is going to be real fun i think.

• Jake Tanner says:

I must admit that TBS has gotten my attention and I am more than just a little bit intrigued. This show really does look like a lot of fun and who knows? In time, maybe it could be the funniest game show ever…at least the promo suggested that it “might” be…

And while I fear we will continue to be subjected to the overly-caffeinated entirely-too-outgoing sort of contestants that have become the “norm” in past years, I suspect that the skills of both of these performers will more than make up for it. I can’t say that I have any real strong feelings about D.L. Hughley one way or another (except I wish he’d explain why he stopped being Darryl and started being D.L. shortly after he was being noticed nationally…was he afraid of being confused with that OTHER Darryl Hughley in Hollywood?), I am extremely excited to watch just how Michael Ian Black will work with the contestants. He really may be one of the absolute best choices to host a game format like this. His standup persona has often been very heavy with making wild outlandish claims and then kinda daring his audience to actually buy into it, even they know he’s spewing gibberish and out of his mind…its funny hell to watch…plus he have raised having a bit of a condescending attitude to a fine art and it will serve him well here…

Sight unseen, if I could have made one change in the host casting, I would have loved to have seen Michael Showalter in the Hughley spot because the Michael vs. Michael “act” that they’ve done many times over the years would have likely been a scream in a format like this.

JakeT

• Tyrone says:

“I fear we will continue to be subjected to the overly-caffeinated entirely-too-outgoing sort of contestants that have become the “norm” in past years…”

Yeah, they’re called actors. The producers called Central Casting, asked for some “contestants” (see “Who’s Still Standing?” and “Take It All”).