15Aug2013
Category
GSN
GSN Launches On Demand Service Thumbnail

GSN Launches On Demand Service

GSN is finally getting into the VOD game with the announcement of GSN On Demand. Vubiquity, the largest global provider of multiplatform video services, announced the deal.  The service will launch today.  GSN On Demand will feature classic library titles as well as original programming.  Check around to see if you get it and what titles you can find. “GSN enjoys an audience that is highly engaged – a recent Magid survey showed that our average viewer spends 11 hours a week watching the network – so we’ve been looking at VOD as a way to extend our reach for some time,” said Dale Hopkins, Executive Vice President, Distribution, GSN. “Working with Vubiquity allows us to extend our brand promise so fans can watch at any time, on any device.”

Source : PR Newswire

24 responses to "GSN Launches On Demand Service"

• Cory Anotado says:

Whoa. Maybe they’ll throw some classics up there.

• Jumpondees says:

Agreed…My Crapcast VOD only has Baggage, Minute To Win It, and American Bible Challenge, three shows I don’t watch on GSN’s linear schedule. I would hope they get a bit smarter and put up some of the classic shows.

• Ghost of GSN's Past says:

I’m assuming it’ll be terrestrial cable only (us satellite people probably out of luck…)

• Jeremy says:

I would love to have the opportunity to watch The Chase whenever I want. :)

• Anne Hegerty says:

Oh, NOW they do it. Couldn’t do it last weekend, when I could actually have seen it.

• Julia says:

Hrm…Might this result in some of their stuff ending up on Hulu? Maybe? Please?

• Glenn says:

Hopefully this means some of their old classics get repackaged for VOD service…i’d hope this isn’t just for watching Steve Harvey being a buffoon over and over like the main network is.

Given that DirecTV abanndoned game lounge a few months back. I’d think GSNVOD would fit in there…Directv is very serious about promoting their subbrands, so I’d think they’d take the lead on this VOD service. Could be interesting if done right like cherry picking major events from the GS world and getting them on the air for viewing Kinda like the old PageOClips but with full episodes.

• James says:

“i’d hope this isn’t just for watching Steve Harvey being a buffoon over and over like the main network is. ”

Watch out when you say that, as this is Steve Harvey can’t do no wrong Central.

• Ken in Hong Kong says:

OK, so where can I go to see the episodes of “The Chase USA”?

• A-Train says:

That should be awesome.

• Fred to Rights says:

On ANY device? Somehow I don’t think that means what it says. I cut cable a couple months back and am mostly satisfied with contemporary streaming options, but I would happily tune in GSN programming on my PS3 (soon to be PS4) or Wii U if those were options.

• It would help if someone listed what cable/satellite providers are getting GSN on VOD.

• aaaa says:

All they have on Comcast so far is a couple episodes each of American Bible Challenge , Baggage, and GSN Minute to WIn it.

• James says:

Good news, but only if it comes to total fruition. And somehow I only see the shows GSN has on lease turning up there, I’d be shocked if they included something hardcore fans would like, like episodes of Bullseye or Break the Bank.

• Morgan says:

NOTHING yet on Charter as far as I can tell….

• DIRECTV CUSTOMERS:

I don’t know if I should be telling you this, but I contacted David Goldhill (through E-Mail) and got a reply from someone, who told me:

“We are actually in discussions with them now about it and we expect it will be available by end of the year.”

I’m also asking about GSN in HD for DirecTV, I contacted David Goldhill about that once and he said, “they are the only major distributor that hasn’t launched GSN in HD, but they said they will”.

This type of information I can probably mention, since I’m just a average joe, emailing GSN anyways, but I just wanted to share that bit of information.

• Danhere says:

will this be a free vod service like the networks or do you have to pay

• Free, danhere. I’m sure, because most VOD channels are free, at least on DirecTV.

• Andrew L. Budny says:

It’s about time they got around to doing this. Too bad it’s not available on Time Warner Cable yet. It would be a perfect supplement to GSN.