14Jul2013
Category
New Show
NYC’s “The Big Quiz Thing” Starts TV Run Tonight at 9PM on NYC Life Thumbnail

NYC’s “The Big Quiz Thing” Starts TV Run Tonight at 9PM on NYC Life

If you’re living around New York City and have NYC Life, a new quiz show is launching tonight that you may want to look out for.  The live trivia spectacular The Big Quiz Thing will make the jump to television starting tonight at 9:00PM ET on NYC Life.  Seven episodes have been shot.  In each episode teams of New Yorkers compete to be the ultimate authority on the world’s greatest metropolis.  Noah Tarnow, who also does the live state version, hosts.  It looks to be pretty entertaining so check it out if you get a chance.

Click here to visit the show’s website and learn more, including more air dates in case you miss tonight.  Also, check out a preview below.

7 responses to "NYC’s “The Big Quiz Thing” Starts TV Run Tonight at 9PM on NYC Life"

• JK says:

I’ve played this game several times when I was living in Boston…never won, but had a damn good time each time.

• Bob Porrazzo says:

NYC Life is also known as WNYE-TV Channel 25, a TV station once owned by the NYC Board of Education. It’s now run by the NYC Media Group. The station’s studios are in the Manhattan Municipal Building, and transmitter at the Condé Nast Building.

• Tony DuMont says:

I remember when Channel 25 was just WNYE, and a PBS member station. I even remember when NYC had a fourth PBS station, WNYC-TV Channel 31. But I suppose WNET and WLIW are plenty.

I even remember WNYE had a local game show called City Smarts, a high school quizbowl tournament where all the questions were about NYC. Stuyvesant, where a former classmate of mine was on the team, won their semifinals, but with the limited funding the finals were never made and both teams who qualified won equal prizes.

• Noah Tarnow says:

Thanks! And if you’re not in the NYC area, you’ll be able to watch online at nyc.gov/vod.

• BillCullen1 says:

I used to go to Noah’s BQT events back around 2004 when they were at a bar in the Bowery in NYC. I will watch this and wish Noah the best of luck with this.

• BillCullen1 says:

BTW, I run a trivia meetup group in NYC called NYC Trivia Board Games, so I am a fan. Crossing my fingwrs for Noah.

• SEAN says:

Oh boy, what can I say… interesting concept, but the execution is just not there. After a few minutes, I started to get a headache.