18Jul2013
Gallery: Set Photos for “The Chase” Thumbnail

Gallery: Set Photos for “The Chase”

We’ve got a nice little treat for you this morning.  GSN has supplied us with a new gallery of photos for their upcoming quiz show The Chase.  The series, which debuts August 6th at 9:00PM ET, sees a team of three contestants take on Mark “The Beast” Labbett in a trivia showdown for hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Brooke Burns hosts.  If you saw the UK version ever from here then you’ll feel very familiar in GSN’s set.  Take a look.

What do you think?  We’ll try to get some game play video for you soon.  Also don’t forget that The Chase will be a big part of the Trivia Champions of North America this August, so please click here to learn more.  It’s going to be fun.  I’ll be there and I’d love to see some of you there also.

Photos courtesy GSN.

17 responses to "Gallery: Set Photos for “The Chase”"

• MikeSant318 says:

Nicely duplicated, from the contestants’ podium down to the Beast’s “Big C” entryway; All the more reason for me to tune in. If there’s a third run, do we dare speculate (a) it’s for more than 8 shows, and (b) another Chaser will come on board?

• Getting more and more excited until the premiere…this looks like a sure fire hit.

• D.H. says:

Heh, Christian’s kinda dressed like the Sinnerman.

• Air Biscuit says:

In the last picture, it looks like Brooke was channelling Sarah Purcell.

• Randy says:

I think the table looks too big. Makes the players look and feel smaller.

• JEFF S says:

In watching the promos on you tube, all of them, I may be the only one but I haven’t been impressed. Now of ourse it’s a very small sample but the hostess just doesn’t seem right (and I understand why they couldn’t bring over the British host because of his obligations to Law and Order UK). Part of the charm of the show is the interplay between the host, the chaser and the contestant. I can’t see Barbara ever losing it the wayt Bradley does sometimes. Just my own opinion and maybe I’m just so used to the British version that I can’t see the forest through the trees.

Also, I think the prize values are too high taking away some of the charm of the show. I’ve said this before. Cash builder should be $1500/correct answer not $5000. Putting those big numbers on the board will not sell when people begin to realize 80% of the time or more,, the contet is biased in favor of the chaser.

Again I’m sorry if I’m in the minority on this. I do hope I’m proven wrong.

• Kaos says:

Standards and Practices would prove you wrong in a heartbeat, as far as content being the least bit biased.

• JEFF S says:

I didn’t mean to imply the outcome was biased or tainted with irregularities. But I’ve read many facebook entries by Britis watching the show pointing out, for better or worse, the final chase’s rule are a bit unfair to the contestants. For them the 2 minute cock never stops and they have to wait to be called on to answer a question (they buzz in and wait for their name to be called all the while the 2 minute clock runs while the chaser, every time he or she gets an answer long, Bradley yells stop the clock, that is wrong and the contestants do get a chance to back him or her up one step with the clock stopped and then Bradley says your time starts again now. Does it make a big difference in the outcome? Who knows. Obviously these are the rules the contestants agree to abide by but it does seem to me to give the chaser a bit of an advantage, n’est ce pas?

• Geptherigon says:

You probably wont read this, but you’re both right and wrong, but way more wrong than you are right.

Yes playing with multiple contestants can be a disadvantage, but you fail to mention that said advantage is mitigated by getting a headstart for every contestant there. The contestants start from 1-4 whereas the Chaser starts at zero.

In addition to that it’s the player’s fault if they wait to be acknowledged. They don’t have to. The only time you should wait is in the case of a simultaneous buzz. Other than that you should know if you hit first or not. Again this is the player’s fault for not taking the situation seriously enough. They’re often lackadaisical, slow to answer, and slow to pass. This is an advantage for the Chaser, but only in terms of experience not game rules.

As far as stopping the clock, yes the clock stops, but only to give the team the answer to push the Chaser back. What you’ve completely failed to mention is that there’s no penalty for a wrong answer from the contestants. What if the clock DID stop for a wrong answer from the contestants, and the Chaser got a chance to push THEM back? No one would ever win.

The rules of the Final Chase are actually in HEAVY advantage of the contestants, but that advantage is usually canceled out by poor gameplay.

• Craig101 says:

Ah, fresh pictures! Great to preview them here, and have seen several from OK! Mag.

I just got GSN on my cable effective July 1st and will definitely watch this. I can’t wait for The Chase , to be honest. In my opinion, this sounds like the better of all of their originals since Catch 21, or better than that.

• Anon says:

Interesting The Chase *UK* got play tonight on TruTV during the “Top 20 Funniest” TV Blunders. I think it was #15 if I remember right.

• JEFF S says:

Maybe I’m reading it wrong but I’ve been wondering why they decided on the US version to go with 3 players rather than 4. According to the Wikipedia article on the US version and I know Wikipedia is not the last word in accuracy….at the start of the round between the chaser and the individual players, they are put 5 spaces from home and can, as in Britain, either move up on or move back one. That would seem to be one more question they have to answer correct to get home. Again maybe I’m reading it wrong but that may account for why there are only 3 to a team. Anybody know?

• dropzone5 says:

It’s the same number of questions to get home on both sides of the pond. I speculate that the team reduction is to accommodate different commercial timings for the States version. The UK version only has something like 3 or 4 commercial breaks–I guarantee you there will be almost twice as many for the US broadcast.

• Afi K. James says:

Sleekly smooth set.

• JEFF S says:

You tube had a few tapes of the Russian version. Of course I don’t understand a word of Russian (well maybe da when the contestant gets a question right). It was of interest because I assume ITV had something to do with the production as they use the same exact msic and the show seems identical to the British version (they even had a student type in the third position on the team). I still think it’s a mistake to go with only 3 on a team but we’ll see in a few short days.