16Jul2013
Category
FOX, New Show
Fox Orders “Step Up” Pilot, Hosted by Andy Richter Thumbnail

Fox Orders “Step Up” Pilot, Hosted by Andy Richter

Networks are buying game shows like crazy again.  About a week after NBC announced the new Endemol game show Wall of Fame had been picked up for eight episodes, Fox has announced their own Endemol game.  The network has ordered a pilot for the luck-based game Step Up.  Step Up, hosted by Andy Richter, sees contestants climbing a pyramid of escalating cash.  Players will win cash by stepping on the right square but will have to decide to “step up” to the next level and risk it all for more money or go home.  Again, this is just a pilot so we’ll let you know if it goes anywhere.

What do you think?  Does it sound like something you’d watch?  If you’ve seen or heard of the ITV show High Stakes, which went away just as quickly as it came, you’ll see the similarities between the two.  Frankly it sounds identical except without the questions (so far).  I don’t know how it’s possible for this to be any more brainless.

Source : The Hollywood Reporter

13 responses to "Fox Orders “Step Up” Pilot, Hosted by Andy Richter"

• Tyler says:

This sounds like an interesting game show.

• Myke25 says:

Didn’t Andy Richter host the pilot for a $25K Pyramid reboot for TBS a few years ago?

• Air Biscuit says:

Call it what you will, cash pyramid or cash tower, but that whole gimmick has run its course. With no pictures, it sounds like it could be the human Q*Bert mixed with Pathfinder from TPIR.

• Ben says:

Another Deal or No Deal ripoff(?). I’d still watch it though.

• Greg says:

FOX, the pick-a-number ship sailed aaaaaaaages ago. High Stakes was a bad game – if you’re just borrowing it, you’re doomed. It stunk. A lot.

Why so lazy game show writers? I’m borderline about to lose my sanity here, this is ridiculous. Even the target audience knows this is a bunch of bunk.

• Mr. Quiz says:

I still say “Endemol” sounds more like a Dutch hemorrhoid remedy. And, I also still say, “as long as the likes of Mark Goodson, Bob Stewart, Merv Griffin, Ralph Edwards, and yes; even Jack Barry remain dead, we’ll never see a ‘classic’ game show ever again.”

• I love trivia based shows but I admit I’m not as smart as a contestant on Jeopardy or Millionaire. I also like luck based shows as well like Deal Or No Deal. I think this could be interesting maybe. I want to check it out to see if i like it. For those of you who think there aren’t gameshows out there that aren’t exciting anymore. I haven’t made it onto the scene yet. I as of right now have only written them down on paper for am learning to try to create them on the computer. Let’s just say I have some trivia games, luck games and some that have both. I even have a dice game which I haven’t seen since High Rollers. Since this is a luck based game I’d love to try out for it. It sounds like it could possibly be interesting.

• Geptherigon says:

Fox both hates and loves Andy Richter. He’s a magnet for canceled shows, yet they keep coming back to him.

• Glenn says:

Sounds like pathfinder lol dunno if a whole show can be done that way