18Jun2013
GSN’s “The Chase” Set to Debut Tuesday, August 6th Thumbnail

GSN’s “The Chase” Set to Debut Tuesday, August 6th

The Chase is officially on.  GSN has announced the debut date of the new quiz show based off the popular daily ITV game.  The Chase will launch Tuesday, August 6th, at 9:00PM ET.  Its lead-in will be Minute to Win It hosted by Apolo Ohno.  Two episodes will air each Tuesday.  Hosted by Brooke Burns (Dog Eat Dog), each episode sees a team of three face off against Mark “The Beast” Labbett in a quiz race to win tens of thousands of dollars…if not six figures.  The Beast will be hunting them down every step of the way.  Each show culminates in The Final Chase where it’s all or nothing for the entire bank.

Just to keep people excited, I heard nearly unanimous praise for the game, Mark, and Brooke.  It’s faithful to the UK version which should keep the hardcore people entertained but it’s a very accessible  fun, exciting show for newcomers.  The Final Chase is, without a doubt, the most exciting two minutes on television right now.  Not to mention we have a lot of readers on the show so we’re pretty excited to see it.  Everyone else ready?

UPDATE: Thanks to GSN for clarification.  The first week, August 6th, will be two new episodes.  Every week after that will be one new episode followed by a rerun.  So no worries about a four week run.  You have many weeks to enjoy.

Brooke Burns and Mark Labbett of The Chase.  Courtesy GSN.

Brooke Burns and Mark Labbett of The Chase. Courtesy GSN.

30 responses to "GSN’s “The Chase” Set to Debut Tuesday, August 6th"

• Curtis says:

I’m pumped… added GSN to my cable recently, this was a major reason why. Just a bit bummed I didn’t make the cut for contestants, but there’s always next time… I mean, this has all the makings of a breakout hit, right?

• Julia says:

Uh…What’s with the picture? I’m really interested to know what that has to do with the show.

• Tony says:

Julia, Mark’s nickname is “The Beast.” She’s just trying to tame him.

Also, pictures of Brooke Burns with a whip might bring in a casual viewer or two. It’s not rocket surgery, but it can’t hurt.

• randy says:

Did they really think that picture was appropriate for the show?

• Ken in Hong Kong says:

Cautiously optimistic. Nothing would make me happier than for GSN’s ratings to go through the roof and earn a pick-up. I hear Mark was fired up about how the tapings went, so if his gut feeling counts for anything, we should see much more of “Brooke and the Beast” in the future.

Good luck, guys!

• James Greek says:

I’m excited that Bob Boden is producing it!

• Al says:

BRING IT ON! I love this show! Good to hear that the show is faithful to the UK version and that the host and Chaser are awesome!

• Tee says:

I always enjoy Bradley Walsh because of his comedic delivery, and laughter during some questions. He also shows kindness, and enthusiasm towards the contestants on, “The Chase”! Uncertain who the other choices were. Thought Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Alfonso Ribeiro (GSN Live, Catch 21, Fresh Prince of Bel Air), or Jim Carrey would host. Curious to see if Brooke’s style of hosting is more serious, or comedic besides adding glamour to the role.

• Tee says:

Jim Carrey is a comedian similar to Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and Alfonso Ribeiro. All of these dudes participated in a comedy show, and show enthusiasm towards the public!

• Julia says:

Uh…and Jim Carrey is a Hollywood movie star making multi-million dollar contracts on each movie he does. Fat chance he’s hosting a game show. And why do you think Larry the Cable guy would be right for a game show?

• Tee says:

I was just mentioning IDEAS as to who can relate to the contestants like Bradley Walsh. I’m not emphasing Jim Carey(“In Living Color” sketch show) nor Larry The Cable Guy. Thanks for mentioning expressive thoughts. I could have mentioned Chuck Woolery, Wink Martindale, John O’Hurley. Nobody will ever be a perfect host(hostess) no matter how much experience with the entertainment industry. Corey, comment noticed. I did not know about Dan Patrick. Thanks for mentioning about him. That’s all.

• Ken C, says:

I wanted Mark L. Walberg to host (To exorcise the demon known as Hosting “The Moment of Truth” but I digress.) but I think he’s pretty comfortable with Antiques Roadshow USA for the time being.

Besides, Brooke is relatively a fresh face per say so I’m giving her a shot.

• Corey says:

Guess my comment didn’t go through, but Dan Patrick was in the running until the last minute. Probably learned they taped in LA, and he doesn’t want to leave his studio for the Super Bowl, let alone a game show. Same reason he won’t do Jep!

• Alan says:

I hope you guys in the US love it – it is a weekday staple in the UK so much we now have 4 chasers!!

• Scott Carpency says:

Ready? Oh man, I’ve been ready since they green-lit it. August 6th won’t come soon enough!

• Ken C, says:

The potential ways that GSN could advertise this pairing is endless! I really they go on a “Beauty and The Beast motif.

I am praying to the Game Show Gods that GSN doesn’t mess this gift that has been given to them.

• Ed Toutant says:

I’m looking forward to watching The Chase. I wonder why GSN would burn off 2 new episodes on the first night. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Any informed opinions or theories about that?

• wayne says:

Yeah, the knuckleheads that run networks feel that if a little is good more must be better.

I see no reason this couldn’t have run eight weeks instead of four, but maybe gsn figures the weekly drop off will be halved this way.

• wayne says:

because of what happened at the auditions I have a feeling they’re trying to put together a super team for one episode I cannot wait to see who will be on this team

• I hear there’s a real cute guy playing on one of these episodes.

• Dave Wilson says:

Yes, Chris… yes there will be.

Oh, wait, you meant you. My bad.

• James E. Parten says:

If all reports are accurate, “The Chase” will be an excellent version of the best quiz format in the past fifteen years.

On Saturday nights, I have my best friend over, and part of our usual fun is to watch one of the UK episodes of “The Chase” on YouTube. You should hear how my friend reacts–whooping, laughing, making dismissive waves whenever a Chaser is about to pounce, clucking when somebody takes the low offer. . . Oh, it’s great fun! (His favorite Chaser: Anne Hegarty.,)

• MikeSant318 says:

I updated (with a few fits and starts) the Wikipedia page yesterday in my spare time; maybe there’ll be a separate page for the US version if it takes off like expected (instead of a sub-paragraph like there is now)…

• CarShark says:

I think it’s very important that GSN gets a couple of hot shows back-to-back, like Baggage and Newlywed used to be. I don’t blame them for going into weeklies, but I still think they need a couple of new dailies. So much of the schedule is taken up by Feud, especially Harvey Feud. I know Pyramid didn’t light the world on fire (though I blame the lack of a $100K tournament for that), but when your top 10 week after week is just Harvey Feud mixed with a little 5th Grader, it doesn’t speak well about the rest of your schedule. Someone should be using that lead-in.

• Paul Reese says:

I remain cautiously optimistic about this. I would’ve loved Pat Kiernan for hosting, though I reckon he’s one who’d want to stay in NY.

• Matt says:

Saw the FIRST promo this morning during $ale!!! The BEAST is coming and he’s all that stands between you and $250,000?!?! Oh baby GSN has a HUGE hit on their hands.