14May2013
Video: Extended Preview of The CW’s “Whose Line is it Anyway?” Thumbnail

Video: Extended Preview of The CW’s “Whose Line is it Anyway?”

Ready for a Tuesday morning thrill?  The CW has released the first extended preview of their updated version of Whose Line is it Anyway?.  The improv comedy game, hosted by Aisha Tyler and featuring original cast members Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady, and Colin Mochrie, debuts July 16th at 8:00PM ET.  We’ve rarely had more excitement for a series around here.  Prepare for more excitement.  Here’s the first look at the new edition.  You’ll get to see the games Greatest Hits and Scenes from a Hat.

This extended preview was made for the finale of The CW’s drama 90210.  It’s incredibly funny and they haven’t missed a beat.  If you even remotely liked the classic ABC version, you’ll love this.  It picks up perfectly where it left off, and Aisha does incredibly well like we imaged.  She’s a huge comedic talent and we can’t wait to see more.  Take a look.

How excited are you for the new series now?

13 responses to "Video: Extended Preview of The CW’s “Whose Line is it Anyway?”"

• Steve says:

With that buzzer, Steve Harvey would feel at home.

• Doug Morris says:

Hope Wayne will do his spot on impersonation of Billy Dee Williams.

• Shon says:

I got to say this looks as good as the original except for Aisha Tyler who sticks out like a sore thumb. She is drier than ten day old French bread and Shrill (The only time when she shows any emotion is when she laughs…annoyingly). She’s not nearly as fun or as clever as Clive Anderson or Drew Carey IMHO. My only other concern would be is I hope they bring in some fresh blood. Don’t get me wrong I love Ryan, Colin, Wayne and the old gang it’s just one of the things that made the original (and by original I mean the one from the UK) so great was seeing all the new up and comers giving it a shot (especially during the first five years it was on). When the show was on ABC it was basically only Ryan, Colin, Wayne, Greg and a couple other people and it made the show feel somewhat reverential. Other than that I’m sure it will be a hit.

• Chris says:

It’s nice to see them back again! Judging from the clips, it looks to be great. I’ll give Aisha a chance to settle into the role. Maybe the cast will work on breaking her out from behind the desk like they did with Drew and Clive.

• J.C. says:

Agreed, I’m slightly worried that it was…well, obvious, Aisha was reading from a prompter and seemed more like she was presenting a news show than an improv show, but these are only clips and not the show itself; I’ll wait til I see a few episodes and see how she interacts with the cast between games and “awards points” before I pass full judgement…hopefully, she won’t turn out like Ricki Lake did on GSM.

• Paul says:

God, please let this not suck.

• Lee says:

Yes! Laura Hall and Linda Taylor are back!

• RJ says:

Haha, the video has almost as many views as the number of people who watched the finale of 90210. :p

• MikeSant318 says:

Here’s a thought – put THIS on CBS, and exile Money Pump to CW…

• John says:

For those die hard Whose Line fans of U.S., when Drew started at the helm he was a little like Aisha but as the show progressed they worked on her coming out of her shell. Only thing is that Aisha comes out of her shell on The Talk. If she Talks the Talk, she’ll be on the right Line for this show.

• Dorvell says:

My only problem is that Aisha didn’t read the scenes aloud for Scenes From A Hat. Helps those of us who can’t see what’s being displayed.

But that minor problem aside, yes, she does seem to be a little stiff in these clips but like pretty much everyone else, I’m going to watch it this summer and make my official judgement then. Let’s not forget that Drew had the same problem both with Whose Line and Price, but he eventually settled in as host of both! It’s great to see them together again. They’ve still got it!

• I swear, from watching this, I would never have guessed that Wayne moved on to “Let’s Make A Deal,” and Ryan to “Two And A Half Men”!