27Apr2013
Weekend Replay: Team Versus Paul Sinha for £51,000 on “The Chase” Thumbnail

Weekend Replay: Team Versus Paul Sinha for £51,000 on “The Chase”

With GSN’s adaptation of The Chase coming awfully soon, and with the current great ITV edition still going daily, I want to be sure to showcase the best that the intense quiz format has to offer.  Luckily, if you watched it this week, you saw a few great matches.  Monday’s, in particular, is arguably in the top three Final Chases of all time.  Our team has managed to bank a massive £51,000 throughout four rounds.  To win it they have to outrun the Chaser, Paul Sinha, one final time in a relentless two minute marathon of questions.  If they can’t beat him, though, they’ll leave with nothing.  Can the team take away one of the biggest paydays in the show’s history?  You aren’t going to want to miss this.  It’s impossible to be any closer.

Video rights expired.

Very exciting stuff.  If we can even get one moment like this on GSN’s version, we’ll all have a lot to look forward to this Fall.  With Mark Labbett as The Chaser, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that.

10 responses to "Weekend Replay: Team Versus Paul Sinha for £51,000 on “The Chase”"

• MikeSant318 says:

The Sinhaman had it right: very exciting, and everything The Chase should be about. Closest Final Chase I’ve seen, even with all the pushbacks the team eearned.

• James DeAngelo says:

Now that i’ve seen this with my own eyes it’s not as controversial of a finish as I once thought. They fought valiantly and it was a spectacular Final Chase, but in the end The Sinnerman pulled it off. What I meant by controversial was the whole debate on Twitter this Monday on ITV’s feed addressing that an ‘independent adjudicator’ not affiliated with the core staff that Paul had indeed won. Can’t wait for the The Chase U.S. on GSN to begin this Fall.

• He clearly gives the first name before the horn, but there’s a very obvious *pause* before the last name.

If you argue he *stopped* giving the answer (which I do not, but understand it could be made), then he *is* out of time.

• Owen says:

Spoiler Alert–For the record, this is not the first time a Chase won the Final Chase with no time left. Shaun Wallace did so all the way back in Series 2 three years earlier, but on that occasion, Shaun was against only one player.

• Ken in Hong Kong says:

I agree with John. Yes, a quick pause between first and last names, but nothing I would call stopping his answer. The team converted four of six pushback attempts. Great Final Chase! Bradley said it — the closest one he’s ever done. And Paul was total class in his final comment. That’s what make this the best game show in the UK right now, and may the American version with Mark “The Beast” Labbett have a great eight-episode run and be renewed far beyond. (I can’t wait to find out who the host will be; I’m really hoping for Mark Walberg.)

• Glenn says:

This is why I don’t like the Chase. Notice how the final minute begins: the speed of the way the questions are asked to The Chaser almost always insures that they will catch the team.

• I still hold this: hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pRsReer4dfs#t=2208s is the best chase I’ve ever seen. Paul Sinha again on the podium.

It’s tied with the highest combined score ever with a Series 2 episode that I’ve not seen.

• Paul says:

I would love to see Pat Kiernan helm this. It’s been too long since we’ve seen him active in the industry, and his work as the questioner in US Grand Slaw was exemplary.

• John says:

For the record, that buzz-in sound is enough to send me looking for the remote.

• Jason Block says:

Sorry, I watched the tape over and over. Sinna LOST this chase. They would go to the tape. There was a distinct pause.