20Feb2013
“Price is Right” Updates: Perfect “One Away” and Rachel Reynolds Gives Birth to Daughter Thumbnail

Good Wednesday morning, everybody.  We’ve got two The Price is Right updates this morning which should interest many of you.

*First, congratulations to model Rachel Reynolds.  Rachel gave birth to a daughter, Ruby, earlier this week.  She and husband David Dellucci announced they were expecting their first child during the show in September.  Long time viewers of Price have seen Rachel go through basically every major stage of life on the show.  She joined in 2003 at the age of 21.  Rachel then announced her engagement to Cleveland Indians outfielder David Dellucci in 2009.  2010 saw Rachel and David announce their marriage on Price as well as the couple model wedding formalwear.  Congratulations to Rachel and David.

*The second celebrity week of The Price is Right has been going well.  Over $100,000 has been given away to charities in just the last two days.  Yesterday saw, perhaps, one of the more exciting wins in the past few months.  Winning a new car on Price is not easy.  It’s a pretty big accomplishment usually.  Doing it on the first try on one of the show’s more difficult games, One Away, is even more amazing.  Take a look at the big moment from yesterday’s episode.

12 responses to "“Price is Right” Updates: Perfect “One Away” and Rachel Reynolds Gives Birth to Daughter"

• Matt (#mhmrules to you) says:

Let me be the first to say, “WAY TO GO RACHEL AND DAVID!”

• CouponBoy says:

Will Gwendolyn come back to the show? Rob joined the model rotation as soon as she went on leave for her birth, and I have a funny feeling he’s her replacement.

• Schmolik says:

In the Barker era, I remember most of the car prices ended in 0 or 5. These days, anything goes and it makes the games so much harder. So, the perfect game when the last digit was a random choice is a big accomplishment. I hope they keep the Ten Chances rule.

• Dorvell says:

and that’s exactly why the games are more exciting; Because anything goes these days.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I love a good challenge!

• Schmolik says:

Is that challenge or more of a crapshoot? In the old days, I consider it skill for you to know the last digit is 0 or 5. Who would know that? Frequent watchers. Reward them for their loyalty.

• Dorvell says:

In all the years I’ve watched Price is right (which is pretty much all 23 years I’ve been alive,) I don’t recall ever seeing a perfect playing of “One Away.” With that said, props to Nene Leakes!

Also, congratulations to Rachel and David!

• Today’s TPIR (2/25) had Rachel hosting the Showcase as her last day as a TPIR model prior to Ruby’s birth. A couple of nice showcases… Wishing her and hubby well, and of course, Ruby!

Here is looking forward to seeing her back next season!

• congrats to rachel & gwen Mom’s to be rachel & gwen you both rock

• Sandy Knutson says:

Why can’t I get an answer about when Rachel is returning to The Price is Right?

Sandy Knutson

• Patricia Templin says:

I want to know went Rachel is coming back to The Price is Right? I hope she will be back before the end of the year.