02Aug2012
Chad Mosher
Category
Cable, Schedule Change
’90s Nickelodeon Game Shows Air On TeenNick’s “’90s Are All That” This Weekend Thumbnail

’90s Nickelodeon Game Shows Air On TeenNick’s “’90s Are All That” This Weekend

Just over a year ago, Nickelodeon decided to cater to the fans of nostalgic eras of the network by giving them four hours in late night on TeenNick via “The ’90s Are All That” programming block. Although classics like All That and Kenan & Kel have gotten plenty of airtime, game shows have been only been seen twice: An episode of Family Double Dare and one from Legends of the Hidden Temple, both shown as part of a viewers’ “U-Pick” selection. Genre fans like I have been clamoring for more of the great game shows Nickelodeon produced to be added to the permanent schedule to freshen it up. It appears, at least for this weekend, we will get our wish. Nick and More, a reliable kids’ network news source, tweeted that three 1990s Nick game shows will be seen on the block this weekend starting late Friday through late Sunday. The schedule will be as seen below, in Eastern Time:

12:00 AM Figure It Out (Family Style on Saturday night)
12:30 AM
Legends of the Hidden Temple
1:00 AM
Family Double Dare
1:30 AM
Figure It Out (Family Style on Saturday night)

After that, as is typical with the ’90s block, the episodes will repeat again from 2 to 4 AM.  Remember, it starts tomorrow night, late Friday (technically very early Saturday in the Eastern Time zone.) It’s currently not known if this is a permanent change or not, but if you’d like it to be, I suggest you tune in and get your fellow nostalgia-loving friends to tune in too. I know I will be watching.

Chad Mosher

28 responses to "’90s Nickelodeon Game Shows Air On TeenNick’s “’90s Are All That” This Weekend"

we can get the younger kids to watch, and they’ll have something new to talk about!!! nice job, TeeNick!! :)

• Ghost of GSN's Past says:

So 3 nights of episodes (hopefully different if the case), or am I reading that wrong?

• Mike says:

Wow, haven’t watched the 90′s block in a while but I’ll definitely have to set the old DVR for this one!

• D.J. says:

Yes! Nick Gas is back… well almost.

• Jay says:

I like this! Considering the Olympics are on, this is also kind of a tribute to Summer Sanders. Thumbs up!

• James Greek says:

I’d live to see the FIO episode with Sherman Hemsley.

• CarShark says:

This 90s block has been a disappointment, mostly because it’s been so horribly repetitive. Doug, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold again and again. It’s such a joke that they promote it with that awesome montage.

• Jason says:

I think they should just extend add shows like Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Secret World of Alex Mack, and Journey of Allen Strange to the line-up and rotate them every so often so it won’t be repetitive.

• Fetcher says:

Two episodes of Figure It Out and no Guts? Oh well…some game shows are better than no game shows

• K.C. says:

Awesome. Nice treat for 90s kids who loved game shows. One thing though- did they HAVE to wait til I chose not to pay twice as much for the cable tier with Teen Nick to do it?!! The thing got so repetitive and I thought they’d NEVER get around to showing some Double Dare, so I dropped the channel and the many others I never watched anyways. And now this. Best I can say is I’m happy for those of you who can watch it. *sigh…*

• Ghost of GSN's Past says:

Yes, even Dish got used to the rut as the program guide shows the usual lame weekend fare airing. But that’s “do it on the cheap” Viacom for ya.

• Ghost of GSN's Past says:

Keep in mind (at least on Dish), not coming up correctly in the guide so have to set it manually.

• Jason says:

I think they should just add shows like Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Secret World of Alex Mack, and Journey of Allen Strange to the block and rotate them every so often so it won’t be repetitive after they finished up all the episodes.

• bmhedgehog says:

Where’s the love for Nick Arcade that was an awesome gameshow, it is pretty high up there with Double Dare, Legends and Guts.

• James Greek says:

I do wish they’d put on Get the Picture, and Nick Arcade. Oh well. Better than none at all.

• Dave says:

I sure wish that GSN would do an updated version of Get The Picture in 2013, where they offer a $5,000 prize in the bonus round.

• matt says:

You’d think with the olympics going on, they’d show Global Guts…

• Joe Neal says:

Man it is a trip finally watching these shows again right now! Hopefully like FIO, more of these will get revived!

• Jason M. says:

Don’t know if I should be worried or not, but according to my guide, following this weekend there won’t be a 90′s Are All That block. It looks like it’s being replaced by That 70′s Show. I went ahead by about a week and a half and I don’t see it.

• GD says:

the 90s block is still going, next weekend will be Hey Arnold airings.. no game shows

• Kayla says:

Please bring back my family’s got guts!!!!! That was awesome!

• Scott Carlton says:

I love the old shows reminds me of when the kids were younger and they were good healthy fun shows. Nothing like all these new shows out for kids dealing with questionable topics, these old shows were great.

• I always used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I aam a
    user of web thus from now I am using nett for content,
    tuanks to web.