05Apr2012
ABC Debuts “Trust Us With Your Life” on Tuesday, July 10th, at 9:00PM ET Thumbnail

ABC Debuts “Trust Us With Your Life” on Tuesday, July 10th, at 9:00PM ET

The Whose Line Is It Anyway? crew, and improv comedy, are back on ABC.  The network’s newest improv comedy series, Trust Us With Your Life, finally has a debut date.  The series, hosted by Fred Willard, will debut Tuesday, July 10th, at 9:00PM ET.  Two back-to-back half-hour episodes will be shown each Tuesday night.  Trust Us With Your Life invites famous celebrities to the set to tell stories about their lives while the cast of improvisers reenact their life in their own unique way.

Improv comedians coming to the show include Colin Mochrie, Wayne Brady, Greg Proops, Jonathan Mangum, Nicole Parker, and others.  Celebrities going under the Trust Us treatment include David Hasselhoff, Ricky Gervais, Jerry Springer, Florence Henderson, Jack & Kelly Osbourne, Jane Seymour, Serena Williams, and Mark Cuban.  Beyond Mochrie and Brady; Hasselhoff, Springer, and Henderson have all appeared on Whose Line is it Anyway?.

Excited for the new series?  My love of Whose Line is known so I’m pumped.

23 responses to "ABC Debuts “Trust Us With Your Life” on Tuesday, July 10th, at 9:00PM ET"

• Jetouellet says:

Sounds interesting, and I’ll definitely be watching, but I wonder if they got this from the UCB show ASSSSSCAT, because it sounds like almost the same thing.

• Collin says:

Just bring back Whose Line! Please, stop with these somewhat similar new shows. We just want the old show where the points don’t matter.

• Ben says:

Went to a taping of TPIR last year, where the question of new Whose Line was asked. The problem is there are too many cooks with their hands in the collective pot, and no one wants to give a little in terms of compensation.

• Jay Jianoran says:

I Prefer Whose Line is it Anyway but move it to CBS, and maybe we can revive Kids Say the Darndest Things (by renaming it into “People Say the Darndest Things”) and Candid Camera with Peter Funt and Drew Carey (from “The Price Is Right” which airs on CBS Daytime).

• Joe says:

This format of reinacting interviews is actually pretty popular in improv clubs, in fact it’s probably just as popular as the short form games we saw on Whose Line. The advantage for us then, is these performers have already had years of experience performing this type of show in theatres across the country, so it should be a lot of fun.

That is… If they let the performers actually act and not pull a “Thank God You’re Here” on us.

• Adam says:

It’s ok, but is ABC axing the Exit List (US version) pilot b/c of the low ratings the UK version got?

• insaneben says:

It’s just not going to be the same without Ryan Stiles.
    I never knew he had a fear of flying. Guess that explains why “Whose Line Is It, Anyway” never made any nationwide tours.

• justme2 says:

Greg Proops was also a regular guest on WLIIA — he’s also done some local improv in the Bay Area with the briefly active Comedy Obscura.

• Jason says:

Just do Who’s Line. Me and my friends still watch the old shows. Both US and UK versions. We are also BIG fans of Improv-A-Ganza, which has all the Who’s Line guys.

• Kelsey says:

I love Colin Mochrie and Greg Proops, but this show isn’t going to be great without Ryan Stiles. He still hasn’t gotten his own show! But I hope this show goes well anyway :D

• Eelz says:

Why no women? There are thousands of hilarious, professionally trained, as-good-as-these-guys female improvers out there. And one person of color? I loved Whose Line as a kid and will always adore improv, but I refuse to watch a show with so little diversity.

• Me says:

There hasn’t been a truly funny female comic since Gilda Radner (RIP). So I have to disagree with you big time. Nicole Parker is on the show so there is atleast one female (comic).

• Anna says:

RYAN?! RYAN WHERE ARE YOU?!

• Chelsea says:

RYAN STILES! NOOOOO. How can colin be complete without his other half </3! This saddens me, ryan was my FAVORITE <333!

• Me too says:

I miss Ryan too!

• Newshound says:

I donno – seems like this show is limited in it’s scope. They can only do improv based on whatever celebrities they can drag out of their crypts? Won’t they run out of material after just a few episodes? I know they’re all brilliant at improv, but I can see myself getting tired of just a string of celebrity interviews.

• Averi says:

But what about my idol besides Colin and the rest, Ryan? Will Ryan Stiles be on this new show? I only hope it lasts… I really do. I wanna see these guys live, because it’s still the cast of Drew’s shows and the others who also made shows.

• Marv says:

So this is an Armando / ASSSSCAT that rips the beginning of the TJ & Dave movie “TRUST US, this is all made up.” Got it.

• Elle says:

In Canada, this type of format was being performed by Loose Moose Theatre in Calgary and at the Vancouver Theatresports League (where Colin Mochrie got his start in improv) in the 1980s and is presently performed all over the world, often under the title “The Life Game.”

• Alecia says:

My 9 yr old daughter and I really enjoyed WHO’S LINE IS IT, thought we would give this a try since there are not to many family friendly comedies out there. First show was OK, but the episode the other night started off OK but the celebrity, a guy ( can’t remember his name) was explaining a story with a very sexual theme, and his description of the incident was disgusting. Thanks ABC, my daughter asked what they were talking about and we just turned it off, I thought this would be fun improve but as usual another show I have to turn off, not surprised ABC. Thanks!

• parabanki says:

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent.
    I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you
    are saying and the way in which you say it.

You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really
    a terrific website.

• [...] Tuesday, July 10th, at 9:00PM ET ABC will debut it’s new show “Trust Us With Your Life”, which will be a new improv comedy series hosted by Fred Willard. David is listed as one of the guest stars to appear on the show, so be sure to tune in! Read The full article at – buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com [...]