02Jun2011
Morning Buzz for June 2nd, 2011 Thumbnail

Morning Buzz for June 2nd, 2011

Good morning, everyone.  Here’s some updates for your Thursday.  If we missed anything let us know.

*GSN uploaded a clip of new Lingo game play.  In my official review I kept saying that something just felt off with the show.  The clues felt out of place and they are doing practically all they can to make a show edgy.  The uploaded clip shows it.  This is pretty in line with what the screener felt like as well.  This is starting to look ugly.  I hope it turns out better or they at least show some clips with redeeming moments.  For anyone that was a fan of the old Lingo, this does nothing but make one confused how they could screw it up this much so far.

*Last second audience posting, and this is a good one.  Want to earn $80?  A new primetime show is looking for audience members in Los Angeles this afternoon at 1:00PM ET.  They are going to pay you $8 an hour to be there and it could be upwards of 10 hours.  You’ll get $80 for sitting and doing nothing beyond clapping.  There’s far more demeaning ways to earn money.  Click here to get in on that.

*Speaking of audience, Family Game Night is taping soon and wants an audience.  I’ve heard nothing but great things about that experience.  The Todd Newton hosted show starts taping June 12th.  Click here for tickets.

*Again, it’s summer and anything of actual substance is winding down, so if we missed anything be sure to let us know.

14 responses to "Morning Buzz for June 2nd, 2011"

• captaintakemeshopping says:

I’m kinda iffy on this version, but we’ll see how things go; I’ll give it a try.

• The Banker's Nephew says:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s all *that* bad. I don’t like the graphics and sound effects not being matched up. It just seems silly to play the sound effect really fast, and then start the animation half-way through.

I didn’t hear any music being played in the background while the contestants were trying to guess the word. I hope this isn’t the case with the actual program, because it seemed very dry hearing practically nothing for up to 10 seconds while the contestants were formulating a guess.

• Friar Simon says:

I thought clips and highlights were supposed to show the BEST OF a show…

If this is “the best”…. boy, oh boy….

• K.C. says:

That clip was actually somewhat entertaining. Best of it I’ve seen yet.

• ????? says:

I suspect they’re going for PG-rated humor with this version.

• GSN fan says:

I’m afraid Lingo is going to end up like 1 vs. 100 on GSN because the game seems to go so slow compared to the 2002-2007 version. In the buzzerblog official review for Lingo, they said that a certain number of words in played per round. I don’t get why GSN would do that. In the old version, they played whatever number of words that could in a certain amount of time.

I’m also afraid lately that The Newlywed Game is going to end up like Lingo (version from 2002-2007) Back in the old version of Lingo, nothing changed much from season to season. The Newlywed Game (besides the host) has had no change since Season 2. In Season 1 (early 2009), GSN had the goldyweds round.

ALSO BUZZERBLOG! ON CORP.GSN.COM, THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEWLYWED GAME AND A CONTEST.

• Adam says:

I want the old Lingo back. I wish GSN could actually, and I apologize for repeating myself yet again, but I wish GSN could actually start thinking about its core audience, and stop being arrogant.

• ElectricPeterTork says:

I’d guess that GSN considers its “core audience” to be a mythical, untapped group of 18-34 year olds who like off-color humor and improv.

The old farts who watch game shows? They’re the people GSN doesn’t want.

• Rich says:

Of course GSN wants the 18-34. That’s the core advertising range, and will always be. Advertisers feel the blue hairs has no money to spend and therefore why bother. That’s why we’ve seen GSN take away a lot of the classics and focus on the modern stuff, trying to at the very least, score in the 25-54 audience during the daytime, and the 18-34 during prime time.

It’s the path to success for any network. Gone are the days that you can tune in and find your favorite classics from the 70′s and 80′s. Here are the days of the modern game show, and the attempt to garnish on the most profitable demo.

• Andrew says:

I would prefer the original “Lingo” from 1987.

• MidtownCrazy says:

Two more Lingo videos were uploaded today and the NEW ONLINE GAME of Lingo is online. You can find both by going to: http://www.gsn.com/lingo

• Nando says:

Yeah, I’ll be skipping this one.