GSN Acquires Syndicated “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” With Meredith Vieira Thumbnail

GSN Acquires Syndicated “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” With Meredith Vieira

Really exciting news that I know a lot of you are going to love.† GSN has acquired the long-awaited rights to the syndicated edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, which is the version on the air still today hosted by Meredith Vieira.† It will take the place of the extremely rerun abused ABC version hosted by Regis Philbin weeknights at 8:00PM ET every weekday, as well as the midnight airings, starting on Monday, November 10th.† It will also air Saturdays at midnight for an hour replacing Catch-21 along with Saturdays and Sundays at 2:00PM ET replacing the massively abused Camouflage.† No idea on what season yet, but I’d wager season one if I was a betting man.

I have to plead to GSN.† Advertise the hell out of this.† Do you know the giant ratings you got when you first acquired Millionaire?† Cause the same commotion.† Say you have new episodes of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?.† Make sure people know it’s not the same old exhausted Regis Philbin episodes.† There are some serious ratings you can get here.† Plus, while the changes this season to Millionaire were very well received, there are still some who aren’t fans.† You can get the crowd who wasn’t on board with all the new stuff over.† There’s a big opportunity here.† Don’t blow it.

A few more schedules changes of note.† The All New Beat the Clock will replace Trivia Trap on Wednesday, November 12th, at 2:00AM ET.† It’ll air the rest of that week as well.† Also, sadly it wasn’t a bad dream, but the million dollar cat game show, Think Like a Cat, debuts Saturday, November 15th, at 9:30PM ET.† But still.† We have syndie Millionaire and a revival of The Rich List coming.† Things are looking awesome at GSN.

Photo courtesy of Valleycrest Productions Ltd.

11 responses to "GSN Acquires Syndicated “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” With Meredith Vieira"

• Regsifan says:

This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time. GSN had better promote this, because people will definitely be interested in new episodes of “Millionaire.” I know I will be watching every night.

• Devon says:

Well it was a long time coming and GSN must have heard our pleas to the highest octave because Meredith Vierra’s Millionaire has finally arrived at GSN. I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I can’t thank GSN enough for this. Like what other’s have said. PROMOTE THIS!

• Marc Power says:

and November 10th is my b-day, what a early gift, unfortunately, I’m without GSN temporarily (until I get my own place). glad to see they’re finally taking camouflage off, wasn’t an overly terrible show, but the rerun abuse didn’t help.

• Doug Morris says:

Great news for me. ‘Til the current season and save for vacations, I’ve never seen Meredith host WWTBAM. So, most of these shows will be new to me. :)

• Bob says:

I don’t see the appeal of this. Meredith Vieira is a poor second to Regis as host of this show.

GSN needs to do more with classics, and less with reruns of poor remakes.

• rich says:

it’s good that gsn acquried the rights to meredith verison of millionaire. i liked regis verison a lot but it was suffering from re-run abuse and gsn finally is giving it a rest just like a few other shows that are suffering from re-run abuse

• CamouflageCammy says:

Well Camouflage, is still at 1:30AM Mon-Fri so it’s not totally gone yet. It does fit that timeslot very well as well as a once in a while schedule filler for it still is one of the most difficult game shows ever..what it lacked in being contestant friendly makes up in its challenging puzzles.

• captparis1 says:

Fine. I’ve never cared for MV, as she seemed too bitchy and phony in her edition. Does anyone think Cat Deeelay will be a better host or is she just stealing a job,that would be better suited to an American host?

• devares says:

3 words: IT’S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!

• Russell Martin says:

I used to respect and like her, but after seeing her act like a horny dog in heat over a contestant/pilot tonight, makes me want to hurl. 5:00 p.m. PST Nov. 19th, 2008 GSN If the moderator had been a male flirting like that with a female on your show, it would have caused an avalanche of disgust. Meredith, enough is enough. blalaaahh.

• Chris Leonard says:

I saw that show last week between games of the NY Rangers on Monday and Wednesday. That was Hot when Mertdeth was looking at the man in his Navy uniform. I don’t remember what prompted it but Merideth said something about being a Horny Woman. That was Great!!